Tuesday 1 January 2013

Four

Four.

It is a hole, and it is not. 
A space filled with unfulfilled dreams.
A void of love.

Our daily lives are so busy now, with your little sister. I feel your absence, see it when I see how she enjoys playing with other kids. Older kids, drawn to that big sister with whom she cannot play.  When I read about craft ideas that she's not ready for yet, but that would be perfect for you. When I see a butterfly, a bird, a bee. Or feel the sun or the wind. When I breathe.

I see how happy your sister is in her innocence, not knowing what happened to us before she came along. I hope she never knows that pain.

We miss you. Maybe we don't talk about you enough.

We will mark this day. We will have cake. We celebrate the time we had together and the love for you that we have for always.

xoxo Serenity xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment