Sunday 7 July 2013

The girl who maybe likes to nap

Maybe it was the screwy holiday schedule, but Beanie seems to be back to easier transitions into sleep. She also got a chiropractic adjustment today, and went to sleep so peacefully! Last time we all three got adjusted, we all slept like logs!

My SIL and cousin-in-law are coming in for five days. We are totally honoring Beanie's nap schedule this time!

In further recuperations from the holidays, I have been eating salad since Friday for lunch and dinner. Not tomorrow though! It's too cold for salad anyway.

Beanie and I went to 'Baby Bookworms' at the public library today. It was fun. Lots of babies around 9 months, which is good. Another playgroup I had found was mostly 18 months- just too big an age difference. And I had been thinking of taking music classes, but at ~$150 for ~12 weeks! This is free and has singing, dancing and reading.

Tomorrow we will go to the toddler gym at the YMCA. She usually likes that. It's close to the house and an easy outing for me.

I've started a 5-year journal, ala the 1960's rendition.
This blog is set up by fellow blogger Sara, whose blog I have missed since she has slowed down (ok, I think she basically stopped, but I am still holding onto hope) her posting!

I like this format, and it is something I had never heard of. It was hard to find a diary in the format. I went with the one from Levenger. It is larger than most in width. I can actually write a great deal more than I thought I would be able to.

I think this is a great year to start a diary over time like this. This is promising to be one of our crazy years, with so much going on - so it will be interesting to look back on each day in 2012 to see what we were doing this year!  I won't promise anything, but I might try to post the weekly summary here on the blog. It might be embarrassing to show you how mundane my life really is!

On nights that I don't have editing to do, I am also working on Beanie's scrapbook. I might start posting my layouts, like my one friend does. I just have to make time for it!

Ok, I am off to edit some treatise on plant tissue culture... I've got two in the queue... ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment