Monday 6 May 2013

we've made it to 12 weeks

We had the nuchal ultrasound yesterday. Beanie was not cooperating with the positioning, so we got to watch him for a long while. He started out looking straight at us:

beanie

He was moving all about, and still not rolling into profile, so the u/s tech started bouncing the detector onto my belly, quite forcefully, trying to get him to turn. Looked like he was getting whiplash to me.

We did end up getting a few nuchal readings, all within 'safe' range. We await the bloodwork for final call.

I am finally feeling better physically, but have let some other things (non baby related) stress and bum me out. I am trying to let go. Beanie deserves a stress-free environment!

Since I am not working f/t with this pregnancy, I wonder if Beanie will get enough talking to! Hopefully my neighbors don't think I am odd if I start talking to my belly throughout the day!

I can't believe it is 12 weeks already and that we still have soooo long to go. The baby is about 2 inches, crown to rump, and my lower abdomen is barely sticking out. It still seems surreal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment