Monday 20 May 2013

Beatriz esta aqui!

I am so happy and relieved to tell you that Serenity's little sister is here safe and sound. A little jaundiced, so the doc had us supplementing with formula, which was really stressful and making me a crazy postpartum mom.

we were having difficulty with latching on, but apparently that was because I didn't get little Bea's memo that she was not planning on breastfeeding until March 22, as she finally did it at 12 this morning. I have not slept a wink since then (or much before that) but everything feels ok now that we got that working. I felt like everything was coming down around me before then and that she was going to die because we were screwing up the feeding and she was jaundiced and spiraling so forth and so on.

So, now I am much relieved and I hope today will go easier. I finally figured out that Triple S and I need to ask for help, so I have sent out a local request. Duh, it sounds so easy and everyone tells you to ask for anything they can do , but we are self-reliant, perhaps to a fault, and I really have never had to ask for help before. Hope it helps.

So anyway, with the BF hopefully continuing to go ok and some help on the way - I should be able to freakin get a picture up.

And I want to clearly say 'thank you' to all of you here in the internets for helping get my darling, precious daughter here alive, kicking, crying, and warm. "She's warm" was the first thing I said when they laid her on my chest at birth. I could not have done it without knowing you all, having our community of support, and knowing you were there.

Much love,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment