Friday 30 May 2014

Summer Food Triptych

A few days ago, I made Italian Bread Salad;

Yesterday, Independence Day, we ate, drank and loafed all day. A group of us went out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We drank Dale's Pale Ale next to a friend's pool after that. Next, we came home and started cooking. I smoked some ribs, roasted some sweet peppers for a lovely assortment of appetizers that Lindz assembled, and made some mojitos. Among the many things we ate were artichokes:

Bryan made a fine, patriotic cheesecake, which we enjoyed with some Michigan Port:


It was a fine Fourth. Lindz, our guests and I strolled to our nearby lake to discover neighbors shooting off really cool, not exactly legal fireworks. I regret that I was too busy watching them, talking and drinking to run back to the house and get the camera.

It is truly a fine thing to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment