Wednesday 19 March 2014

A bit of narcissism

Ellen wanted a picture of me cooking while wearing the T-shirt she sent me. I'm not cooking here, and I thought this picture looked better as black and white (the energy-saving bulbs kind of spoiled the color). You can't see the bright orange color of the shirt, but you can see my official title. When I tried to edit out the green pallor of the fluorescent lighting, the shirt and my head started to glow and flare like the sun.
I'm wearing the T-shirt as I'm topping the baked steelhead trout with roasted red pepper coulis. That's a roasted red beet next to it. This is the entree I cooked for Mom (Lindz made a salad of baby greens, pears, pomegranate seeds, local goat cheese, pecans and vinaigrette, and she took these pictures). We've done a good bit of eating out this weekend, and it felt good to work in the kitchen. Bryan cooked Chicken in Riesling the previous evening out of a cookbook he got in Germany.


No comments:

Post a Comment